It is a significant move for the Chinese government to hold CIIE to give firm support to trade liberalization and economic globalization and actively open the Chinese market to the world. It facilitates countries and regions all over the world to strengthen economic cooperation and trade, and to promote global trade and world economic growth in order to make the world economy more open.
Countries around the globe have been pushing for Balance of Trade. CAMAL has been attending forums which are aimed at trade improvement with China. CAMAL is currently attending the first CIIE in Shanghai China with a goal to solve Export problems to China. President Xi Jingping opened the event and gave a keynote speech with main points being:
- China will ease barriers for the following industries
Financial services, Agriculture, Mining and Education
- China will Increase purchase of Imported goods by lowering the tariffs involved
- China will create a better business environment with reasonable system of rules including punishing intellectual property violators. China would work to protect the interests of foreign companies.
- China will import as much as $30 trillion in goods and $10 trillion in services within the next 15 years.
- China intends to make Shanghai the world’s leading financial centers by the year 2020
The event has had thousands of companies attending from various countries. Kenya being one of the countries, there is a national exhibition going on with an aim of winning more market for the Kenyan products i.e. coffee.
From this event, CAMAL intends to assist more people to export to China. The firm has deep understanding of demand cycles in China. CAMAL will therefore find the right market for products in China. CAMAL will also add value to the exporters to China by doing the negotiation on the clients behalf.